The 2015 Summer Professional Development Seminars hosted by Johns Hopkins Institute for NanoBioTechnology will be held on select Wednesdays from 10:45 a.m. to noon in the Mason Hall Boardroom on the Johns Hopkins University Homewood Campus. Space is limited, so please RSVP to email@example.com.
A panel discussion with:
- Elad Firnberg, President and Co-Founder at Revolve Biotechnologies
- Jacob Koskimaki, Clinical Data Analyst at American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Laura Dickinson, Head of Research and Development at Gemstone Biotherapeutics LLC
- Vanessa McMains, Communications Specialist at Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Helena Zec, PhD candidate Biomedical Engineering
June 24 – What will be the direction of research for the next 20 years?
A conversation with:
- Denis Wirtz, Vice Provost for Research Johns Hopkins University and Associate Director of INBT
- John Toscano, Vice Dean for Science and Research Infrastructure and Professor of Chemistry
July 8 – Networking 101
A workshop with:
Tom Fekete, Director of Corporate Partnerships for INBT
School teaches you everything except how to get a job. And, with the average length of a job being just 18 months, every job is temporary. Which means, job search is now a skill every professional needs to survive. Even more important is the difference between a job and a career. Fekete is a 40-year veteran of the chemical and pharmaceuticals industries with high level positions in engineering, research, operations and strategic planning management will talk about careers, job searches and networking.
July 22 – Financial Literacy
A workshop with:
Debbie Johnson of Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union
Learn about budgeting, saving and what else you can do once you start earning a paycheck.