Anyone can support the ongoing research efforts of INBT faculty and students. Any size donation is welcome, and without the support of individuals like you, we could not carry on our mission to its full potential.
Here are a few examples of what your important donation can actually buy for INBT’s research initiatives
- $50 buys 1 hour of microscope time at an imaging facility, or 1 hour of clean room use
- $250 buys an antibody used to text cancer drugs or a case of tissue culture flasks to grow cancer cells
- $1,000 pays for a student to travel to a conference to learn about state-of-the-art technologies
- $5,000 buys a cell culture incubator or a vacuum pump
- $10,000 funds a current JHU undergraduate to continue their research for a summer
- $50,000 pays for a graduate students salary and expenses for 1 year
- $100,000 buys an automated phase contrast and fluorescence microscope
- $200,000 buys an atomic force microscope, which can measure very tiny cell forces
- $700,000 buys a laser scanning confocal microscope to look at cell organelles and membrane fibers in extreme detail
Can we count on your support? The current state of government sponsored funding remains volatile. Therefore, we count on a variety of funding sources to maintain our momentum toward solving some of the major health challenges facing humanity.