Anyone can support the ongoing research efforts of INBT faculty and students. Any size donation is welcome, and without the support of individuals like you, we could not carry on our mission to its full potential.
Here are a few examples of what your important donation can actually buy for INBT’s research initiatives
- $30 buy a box of nitrile gloves
- $50 buys 1 hour of microscope time at an imaging facility, or 1 hour of clean room use
- $100 buys a pack of coverslips for use with miscroscopes
- $300 buys an antibody used to text cancer drugs or acase of tissue culture flasks to grow cancer cells
- $500 buys a pH meter, vortex, or sonicator, tools used daily in the lab
- $1,000 buys a set of pipettes or pays for a student to travel to a conference to learn about state-of-the-art technologies
- $5,000 buys a cell culture incubator or a vacuum pump
- $10,000 buys a bench top centrifuge used to spin down DNA samples
- $50,000 pays for a graduate students salary and expenses for 1 year
- $100,000 buys an automated phase contrast and fluorescence microscope
- $200,000 buys an atomic force microscope, which can measure very tiny cell forces
- $700,000 buys a laser scanning confocal microscope to look at cell organelles and membrane fibers in extreme detail
Can we count on your support? The current state of government sponsored funding remains volatile. Therefore, we count on a variety of funding sources to maintain our momentum toward solving some of the major health challenges facing humanity.