The Institute for NanoBioTechnology at Johns Hopkins University offers undergraduate students from colleges and universities around the country a chance to participate in research projects in the exciting and rapidly growing area of nanobiotechnology, a place where biology, medicine, and nanotech meet.
The application is open! The deadline for submission is February 1, 2015.
The program tentatively starts May 27, 2015 and ends August 2, 2015
- Application available at https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=JHU-SI
- Please follow instructions on the application for recommendations and transcripts!
- hands-on graduate level laboratory research experience
- guidance from faculty and graduate student mentors
- stipend + paid housing + allowance for travel
- completed freshman year
- GPA of 3.5 or better (some exceptions made)
- two letters of recommendation
- 10 weeks of research
- professional development seminars (topics such as: venture capital in nanobiotechnology, ethics in research, intellectual property, academia vs. industry)
- present research at poster session
Who should apply
- undergraduate students from all institutions who have completed who have at least completed their freshman year and will not be graduating before the start of the program.
- under-represented students in science and engineering are encouraged to apply
- only U.S. citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply
- Johns Hopkins University students are NOT eligible
For more information contact Ashanti Edwards at email@example.com or by phone at 410 516 6572